Friday 20 May 2011

18 going on 80

Well, where to start. For  5 days now I have had numerous messages of "why did you delete me on Facebook? what did I do?" well as a matter of fact, no none of you did anything wrong Facebookers, I just realised that what a waste of time it is. I'm just really not bothered one bit if your having a "voddy and coke," getting buckled this weekend, on your way to work, loving the sunshine or going to Whitley with ya lasses. I suddenly lost interest in wondering what the large majority of you were doing. I already had Twitter with a small amount of followers and the people I follow so the people that I actually want to hear about on there or in my phone book. When I finished work the other day I was on the phone to one of my brothers who actually called me "sad" for deleting Facebook. I'm sorry if I don't come home each day from work or sit on my phone all day stalking people on Facebook and updating my status every second of the day telling you what I'm doing. Around Christmas I realised how many phrases and words I hate, I decided to share these with the two brothers one day who now find it hilarious to put these words into each sentence. It does amuse me but sometimes it just puts me in a massive bad mood if I'm already in a mood. I would really love to mention a few however would most certainly give away who these "phrases/words" belong to. Also I realised how serious Facebook had got, one day when me Kent and Rach were having a heart to heart (many days) and the words mentioned by Kent herself when I said I was going to get rid of Facebook were "No Helen, he can't take your Facebook from you. That is yours" I suddenly stopped in my tracks for a second to think about her words. I then started to crease at the how serious we were talking about Facebook. Has Facebook really gotten this serious? This happened a good couple of months ago to a point we still laugh at "the seriousness of Facebook" now. I also realised how serious Facebook has got after talking to Rachel about why I deleted my Facebook and she said that she "admired" me for doing it. Wow Rachel.


Over the past few weeks I have decided that I am just a fat person in little person's body. My first blog wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention food. I remember when I use to be known at work for talking about food. When I use to do the lovely (more like mind numbing) little 4 hours shifts on a Thursday night in Debenhams I use to go in at 4.10 and talk about how I was going to get a Bigmac large meal on my way home right until 8.10 when I finished. I did this for about 4 months each week, and unfortunately this is not even an exaggeration. A couple of weeks ago when the parents were away for a week, living practically alone was boring enough that I spent each day pottering around people's houses in Heaton drinking cups of tea, sharing Creme eggs with people, getting mortal at Hyem's pub quiz which wasn't even on and nearly getting arrest in SPA for laughing hysterically (3 pigs in the back of a taxi).. each day I use to venture to Tescos wondering what I was going to have for dinner. Every other day I use to buy myself a Tesco's Finest Triple chocolate cake which was gone in a day and a half. I drank numerous of cups of tea and ate a large amount of cake. I have acquired a bit of an obsession with cake really. I love all cakes especially carrot cake and chocolate cakes. When I mentioned to Richard about my blog he said "I bet you are just going to talk about what food you eat each day." I can't help that I love food this much. I should weigh about 10 stone by now. However I'm not 100% keen on Pizzahut texting me most days with their offers, to a point I had to message them back saying STOP. One Tuesday they messaged me in the morning, lunch time and tea time. No wonder people get obese if Pizzahut are doing this. But really if you're fat it's your own fault, I have no sympathy for these people who complain about their weight and still eat like a horse and they say that they don't know what the problem is... There's your problem! 


This week after helping people through tough times, my flat mate to be Leena decided to have a joke with me that when we were house hunting this week that I would not be looking at the houses but the sofas that were in it, to lie my patients on. She half expects to come in from work as of September to find people lying on the sofa and me sitting there asking them "and how does this make you feel?" .. One day I think I might go the whole way and put up a plack at the door with my name on it. Dear me Leena what have you got yourself into for 12 months?


Also recently I realised what makes me happy in life, it's not going out and getting a mess each weekend (as I try my best to limit doing that) but doing good deeds (as well as listening to old music and Katy Perry!) This week for being a good friend that I try to be to people I have recieved a thank you card, a bottle of wine and Pirates of The Caribbean box set. This made me happiest I've been in a long long while! It then dawned on me that I'm going into Nursing in a matter on months and imagine all the good deeds I'll do then. I literally cannot wait to leave retail forever. I moved from working on Childrens wear/Home to Phase Eight. So I switched from crying children at 9am on a hungover Saturday morning to customers who seem to have gob stoppers wedged in their mouth. At least it's safe to say I won't be there forever.


People say due to my recent rants about Facebook, drinking numerous cups of tea a day, coming home early and drinking sensibly on a weekend (occassionally does happen), enjoying having civilised meals and drinks, getting excited over cleaning, getting excited over new pillows and pillow cases as well as listening to 80's groove that I am "18 going on 80." I can't help my ways. I realise that I was not brought up like this as I use to be the one saying to my mum when she use to buy me short skirts when I was younger "I'm not wearing that!" .. I guess it must be in my nature to be an old woman sometimes. Suppose I'm happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment